The Royal Dance Competition
Where the Elite Come to be Crowned!
Our TRDC staff brings a combined 40 years of competitive dance experience to the competition scene. When your dancers arrive we will make certain they are treated like royalty.
The Royal events will center around maximizing your experience. We will create an environment supporting your dancers so they can perform beyond their expectations. Ours is an environment rich with opportunities to learn, enjoy and share with other dancers. Our staff will ensure that your dancer will walk out onto that stage, not just to compete, but to PERFORM. It will be an experience to treasure.
Never fear failing -- Only fear never beginning.
Upcoming 2018 Tour Dates
|Westchester, NY||Feb 9-11|
|Southern, NJ||Mar 9-11|
|Long Island, NY||Mar 16-18|
|Philadelphia, PA||Mar 23-25|
|Albany, NY||Apr 6-8|
|Hartford, CT||Apr 13-15|
|Northern, NJ||April 21|
|Worcester, MA||Apr 28-29|
|Nationals: The Jersey Shore - Seaside Heights, NJ||Jun 27-Jul 1|
- Personal concierges assigned to each dance studio
- Three levels of competition to celebrate all levels of ability
- Special competition opportunities, including Improv, Parent and Photogenic Challenges
- Elite dancers of all ages and levels crowned in our Title Category
- Family-Friendly environment
- Staff comprised of current and former dancers from all facets of the industry
- Experienced judges to provide constructive analysis and feedback
- Online registration, digital music submission, video critiques
- Early registration discounts and cash prizes
Executive Director Note
A note from our Executive Director, Darcy Baia-Cohen
As a director of my own studio for 25 years, I always tell my dancers not to go to compete -- go to perform. My philosophy has always been that a competition is a place not simply to be judged, but to share ideas. As a performer, you give of yourself out on stage. As part of an audience you receive the gifts the dancer provides. During a competition, you are provided not only feedback but inspiration from those around you also striving to create. Watching others take on choreography or prop work or musical interpretation is the greatest way of expanding your world of dance. Invariably, the dancers come back to the studio refreshed and ready to work harder… begging to try new things and building off ideas that were shared.
That's what we provide at The Royal Dance Competition - a supportive atmosphere where dancers perform, celebrate each others' visions and talents, and leave with more than what they brought to competition!
See you at our next Event!